Monday, October 19, 2009

Something to Consider

While working on my farm--Farmville on Facebook--I noticed my avatar was missing. Ok, so there was a figure, but no features. It was as if a shade of my avatar was doing all the work.

Of course I put a spin on things, realizing life is much like my sadly blank avatar. Many(most)times we perform our roles without recognition, without praise. I'm now sitting here trying to remember the last time my husband even commented on my work around the house--that is without me pointing it out to him. I don't expect a thank-you, though one would be much appreciated. I just think it would be nice to feel appreciated by him.

The good news is that my children, though not always showing their appreciation, will sometimes remember to thank me. I'm thinking I should make more of these times. Let them know how important it is to hear thanks and feel appreciation. Of course, I need to remember to return the favor. With any luck, I'll turn my boys into wonderful husbands. (All right, so I'm not sure that really exists, but at least they can learn to praise their wives. That will be something!)

No comments:

Post a Comment